Top Social

Our next #YOAReadalong: Crooked House!

8.18.2016
Image of the FIRST EDITION cover from here
Hello everyone! We feel like it's been a while, and we have loved seeing a few more folks join our ranks every time we do a #readalong, so we have been eagerly anticipating the next one, which we are now excited to announce: please join us in reading Crooked House, written in 1949.

We've really been looking forward to this particular one, because it is widely known to be one of Agatha's favorite among her own books. The official Agatha Christie site quotes her as saying, "This book is one of my own special favourite. I saved it up for years, thinking about it, working it out, saying to myself: ‘One day, when I’ve plenty of time, and want to really enjoy myself – I’ll begin it.'"

If you're curious about this one, it's another of Agatha's nursery rhyme books (as in 'There was an old man, who lived in a crooked house'). Here's a quick summary from the official Christie folks:

The Leonides are one big happy family living in a sprawling, ramshackle mansion. That is until the head of the household, Aristide, is murdered with a fatal barbiturate injection. Suspicion naturally falls on the old man’s young widow, fifty years his junior. But the murderer has reckoned without the tenacity of Charles Hayward, fiancé of the late millionaire’s granddaughter.

The ending to Crooked House is notoriously shocking, so we can't wait to hear what everyone thinks! We'll be posting about the book on September 10th, and will look forward to hearing from everybody in the comments section.

Happy reading!

-A. & E.
4 comments on "Our next #YOAReadalong: Crooked House!"
  1. Oh my greatness!! I can't believe I've only stumbled upon your blog now. Also love Agatha Christie! Will try to get to this one (as I haven't read it before!) and join you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so glad you found us!! We love connecting with other Agatha Christie lovers, and are thrilled you'll be joining us for this read along! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a new one for me! I'll definitely join the read along :) I can't wait to read the YOA take on it, you guys always have such interesting insights on the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much!! We love having you join in our readalongs :) And so great that you haven't read this one yet!

      Delete